Friday, May 4, 2012

Emerging From The Other Side

Success.  I was able to successfully load a small level from the server into the client, and can run the game just as I had before with my little bean man running around.  Once the game has started, there is no passing information to and from the server... I'll work on that later.  Now that I have caught up to what I was working on before, I'll go back an solidify some things for testing over the internet.

I would also like to create an easier way to build test maps: something that will change a text file into a game level, so that I can create simple standard rooms to test things like walls, room sizes, ladders, etc.  I may do this before testing with people so that I can create some sort of interesting "level" to navigate once they load into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment