Monday, April 30, 2012

Loading...

In my current momentum I haven't gone back to test with people yet to see if we can join a common server. I'm sure it will work, I just need to figure out the exact code for what goes down when your not all on a local server.

However, I have starting coding the loading screen that occurs after you "start the game". The server starts sending out many small bite sized info messages to the clients. These messages reconvene into the world map and locations for things such as chests, keys, doors, etc.

I will in the near future however need to go back and test out connecting over the internet with my first group of Alpha testers! Oh the excitement! 

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me, my space game needs a loading screen...
    Sounds fun, wish i took Multi-User Media Spaces this quarter, seems really useful, its an advanced study on networking for Unity. I just heard rumors about it being ridiculously hard, but it was taught by a different teacher...
    ANYWAYS-
    Sounds like your games steadily coming along :) exciting!

    ReplyDelete