Saturday, April 7, 2012

Signing On

I lied. I am not going to be making that simple multiplayer game. I'm skipping my own advice (kind of) to take little steps and just adding it to the game. The game had no entry point anyway, so it got me building on the main menu code, and more on the multiplayer lobby. I have also been building the server.

So far it has been running great. I can successfully talk to the server and have set up an "instant messenger" so that players can chat while they set up the game. The server of course can see everything behind the scenes, and do some server stuff, like kick players.

Before the weekend is over I will test communication in the game between my laptop and computer. When that works, I'll have a friend test connect from another locale.


On another note, I was working on the title screen, but don't have a great title yet. My program right now is called "Crawler" and the title screen shows the pending name "Another Downward Path". I don't like it. Name my game!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should just call it "What's Down There?" I always assumed you were going to call it that. Plus, I think it's kind of funny without being too goofy. It's perfect for this kind of game. You could even add a second title; "What's Down There? Adventures in the Dark!"

    ReplyDelete