Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas is Coming

Merry Christmas Eve!

Sarah and I are visiting her family, but in some of the downtime, I've been able to figure out a large portion of the autotiling code.  Later I'll add some code for the inside corners, but I'm not worried about that right now.


For now I have some basic tile placeholders.  Not 100% happy with them, but I don't feel it's necessary to have them perfect at this stage in the game development.  I think a tile graphics overhaul may occur late in the game, so I'll worry about it then.


I have designed the menu to shift screens underground, descending deeper with every option selected.  Eventually, these backgrounds may incorporate items or dynamic players / monsters that will move about in the background.

Now I'm trying to hash out some code I redid for the player graphic to make it easier to create non-controllable players (for the player select screen and multiplayer player entities (no I did not stutter).  In the meantime, I'll just dabble on the code when I have time, and fill you in over break!

1 comment:

  1. I love dynamic or menus which looks like the game characters are interacting with you! Cool idea I must remember it for my games... I'm just concerned that you focus too early on features instead of on game play and testing if your game play is fun?

    ReplyDelete