Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Sorry I haven't updated over break like I said I would, but between travelling, visiting family and friends, and just relaxing, I have been getting some DDP work done.  And I am quite happy with the progress.


My old list of things to do:
  • Title and Main Menu - Basic functionality almost complete
  • Player Actions (punching) - Complete
  • Player Actions (stabbing) - Complete
  • Player Actions (throwing) - Complete, but no object is thrown yet
  • Other players appearing on screen - Started. Finished Code Rewrite!
  • Inventory screen and handling - Complete
  • Additional Tiles and Textures - Few Complete
  • Autotiling Feature - Complete
  • Health, Magic, and Money - Complete
  • Health and Hotbar HUD Display - Complete
  • Wearable Items (No more nude player!) - On Hold
  • Pickup-able Money System, Moz - Complete
Okay, so some of those items are repeats from last time.  But look at all those completed items!  I also introduce the Moz, a small square currency.  They even have a magnetic-like reaction to nearby players!  They come in different colors, by value, and I find it fun already just to be able to pickup something other than the knife.

For now, I am holding off on wearable items, at least for the player's body, as the sleeves of shirts will have to match all of the arm animation.  So I need to make more arm animation, which means more hand items!

Some exciting things are in the works for the near future:
  • Thrown knives that are able to be picked up again.
  • Target's that can be broken. (Basic Enemy)
  • Bow and Arrows
  • Guns - Pistols, Shotguns, Rifles
  • Melee weapons with different arm animations
  • In-Game Menu Basic Functions
I think I'll try to figure out how to make an "In-Progress" page or side item or somewhere on the site wear you can check these items out, and future things that I am planning.

And as a holiday gift, a few screenshots.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Trevor,

    I'm finally catching up with your posts and things are looking great! Speaking of arm animations, can you be awesome and make animations for things like two-handed axes/warhammers different from two-handed swords? It's always been a major issue for me in games like World of Warcraft when a character wields a battle axe like a sword instead of...well, like an axe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the plan. Maybe I'll start that sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete