Friday, January 11, 2013

Bowstring Snap

The other day I completed working animation of the bow.  It looked great, but when I was done, I realized something.  When I equiped the bow to my right hand, it was indeed the hand the bow was being held in, which means the player uses their left hand to fire arrows.  This is opposite of how a right handed person would use a bow.  So now I have to switch all the animations.  Not only that, I have to program the drawing of the bow so that the hand holding the bow is opposite of the hand the bow is actually equipped to!

Then there's the question of different arrow types.  The player would have to equip them to their off hand, which would act as the quiver, instead of equipping them to the player's back.  This would allow the player a wearable item on the back (Wings/Jetpack/Scuba Tank), but still be able to fire a bow.

I also have to figure out how the game behaves when you try to equip a two handed item to a hand when the other hand has an item in it (or both hands have items).  Do the two items return to the inventory, unless there is no room in the inventory?  Darn. I think I just answered my own question.

No comments:

Post a Comment