Monday, December 10, 2012

Chipping Away

I've been working, almost daily, little by little, on the game. I now have an inventory that almost works the way I want it to, and I've started player arm animations. About 90% and 15%, respectively.  Once they are done, I'll throw together a basic menu and see if I can get a network connection with functioning multiplayer chat.  What fun!

Welcome to Game Maker, Descend!
I have also started putting together a GDD, or Game Design Document, to keep track of my ideas.  As much as I DON'T want to do it, I think it just might be a good idea in the long run.  The biggest reason I don't want to do it is because the time I spend on that document is time I could be using to code the game together, however, I guess it's still all progress on the final result.  Right now, it's just section headings, and is about 10 pages long.

As I complete it, is anyone interested in seeing bits an pieces of the GDD?

No comments:

Post a Comment