Friday, November 30, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Things are moving along smoothly in Game Maker.  It is quite simple, as I learn to use it.  I've already have a little guy with arms and a rotating head who jumps about and collides into walls.  Next up I want to tackle opening the inventory, picking up and storing objects, and being able to move them about in inventory (or dropping the items back to the world).

I'm reluctant to share any pictures/video for a while, since everything I'm doing, you have already seen and more.  It will be interesting how guick I'll be able to catch up with this system.

The following objects need to be done before I feel caught up:

  • Title and Main Menu
  • Game Setup Screen and Multiplayer connection
  • Player Actions (punching)
  • Multiplayer Chat
  • Other players appearing on screen
  • Inventory screen and handling
Not that i'll be doing any of those things in that order.  I also may work on some new content before finishing all of those.


Best part about using Game Maker is it is supported by steam.  I can release free demo/incomplete games on the Steam Workshop, for everyone's access.  However, I'm not sure how to approach this as closed alpha testing.  Maybe I'll just have to make a private Drop-Box location for testers.


No comments:

Post a Comment