Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moving On, Linearly

I've been doing a lot of research to try to get smooth movement to work.  It's not, and I want to move on.  For now, I increased the updates to 20 times per second and I'm connecting them linearly.  It doesn't look that bad, so I'm moving on.  Sitting idle too long on one subject is killing my momentum, so it's time to look elsewhere.

I'm going to add some server commands that will allow me to temporarily  rename players in the server.  This will keep names straight for when we attempt to get four people on the server at once, without me having to finish the "Create a Player" page, as I'm not yet ready for that.  This should be done tonight, so I'll be contacting a few people for testing either tonight or tomorrow.

Some things I'll be working on in the near future (not sure what I want to attack first):
- Background bricks
- Ladders
- Passable platforms
- Item equipping
- Dynamic lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment