Thursday, March 15, 2012

Moving Slowly

I have been working on a way to make the screen (camera) follow the player and make the world seem to move instead of the player, without actually moving the world.  I've gotten things to be successful, but I only half understand why it's working correctly.  It kind of happened on accident, and one of the variables is confusing me, but I think it should work with everything else that will need to be viewed. I'll tackle that hurdle if I can't jump it later.

Next on my list is collision testing, which a lot of people online do in extremely complex ways. I don't think it needs to be that complicated, and have an idea of how I would like to do this. After that, I'll add some physics, get my un-animated 2D sprite to move and "jump", then I'll add some animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment